You may have heard of conversion rate optimisation (CRO) but what exactly is it? CRO is the process of increasing the percentage of visitors to a website who take a desired action – such as making a purchase, subscribing to a newsletter, or filling out a contact form. In other words, CRO is all about getting more people to do what you want them to do on your website. And that’s something everyone can get behind!
Why CRO Matters
There are a lot of factors that go into whether or not someone will take a desired action on your website. Maybe they’re not ready to buy yet but they’re interested in learning more about your product or service. Or maybe they were going to fill out a contact form but got distracted and never finished. The point is, there are any number of reasons why someone might not take the desired action on your site.
That’s where CRO comes in. By constantly testing different elements on your website and measuring the results, you can identify areas that need improvement and make changes accordingly. And those changes can make a big difference! Even small increases in conversion rate can have a significant impact on your business.
How to Improve Conversion Rates
So how do you go about improving your conversion rates? Here are a few tips:
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and optimised to Google mobile-friendly standards. In today’s world, more people are using their smartphones and tablets to browse the internet than ever before. If your site isn’t optimised for mobile devices, you’re likely losing out on a lot of potential business.
- Sell online? Simplify your checkout process. The easier it is for people to purchase from you, the more likely they are to actually do it! Remove any unnecessary steps from the checkout process and make sure all the important information is easy to find.
- Use engaging visuals. A well-designed website with beautiful photos and videos is much more likely to convert visitors than a plain text site. People are visual creatures, so give them something pretty to look at!
- Offer incentives. Everyone loves a good deal, so try offering discounts or free shipping to first-time customers. You could also set up a loyalty program to encourage repeat business.
- Include calls to action. Calls to action (CTAs) are essential for getting people to take the desired action on your site. Make sure your CTAs are concise, attention-grabbing, and relevant to the page content.
These are just a few ideas to get you started but there are endless possibilities when it comes to CRO. The important thing is to never stop testing and tweaking until you’ve found what works best for your business. With patience and perseverance, you’ll be well on your way to increasing those conversion rates in no time!
Conversion Rate Optimisation Conclusion
Conversion rate optimisation is vital for any business with an online presence. By testing different elements on websites and monitoring the results, businesses can increase their chances of getting visitors takes their desired actions. There are many ways to better optimise conversions, but some key ways include making mobile-friendliness, streamlining processes, using incentive programs, effective calls -to -action, and delivering engaging visuals. Improving poor conversion rates require constant vigilance and effort, but doing so can have major impacts on businesses’ success.
Need a hand? Class can help you identify your customer journey, break down user touch points, and establish where improvements can be made to your website. We’ll come up with multiple user tests to validate design and development choices that result in return on investment against digital marketing spend.
Project in mind?
Find out how we can help. If you would like to work with us let's have a chat.